Sunday, December 31, 2017

Kewpie's New Year 2018


https://i.pinimg.com/originals/80/de/09/80de09a7de04f6d63a3c16f312bcc702.jpg
Happy New Year everyone.  Just finished this single page paper doll today just in time for 2018!  Of course, I used a reference photo I found on the internet of the famous Kewpie character doll created by Rose O'Neill. When I was younger I thought the naked baby character was a tad creepy, but now I find the vintage doll charming.  My paper doll has 4 outfits, a party suit, pajamas, and two party dresses along with shoes and accessories.  I always believed Kewpie to not have a gender, being a boy or a girl so I included outfits for male and female.  The 'alcoholic' drink is more like a Shirley temple and the bottle of cider.  I decided on Kewpie as a 'baby new year' character.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! I still have my kewpie doll... this brings back many memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I too recall having a kewpie doll unfortunately it became a hostage of GI Joe and disappeared during a jungle fight about 50 years ago. So I appreciate the fond memories of your latest creation and thank you for the many wonderful adventures that you took me on with your hard efforts in 2017. I pray you health, happiness, prosperity and peace for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! Love! Love! What else is there to say?

    ReplyDelete